Through its many programs, LDW® works to enhance the academic, professional, and personal lives of individuals with learning disabilities.
LDW® promotes and distributes research.
- Publishes المجلة العربية في صعوبات التعلم , a peer-reviewed online journal in Arabic.
- Publishes the scientific peer-reviewed journal, Learning Disabilities: A Contemporary Journal (LDCJ)
- Publishes the peer-reviewed member journal Insights on Learning Disabilities: From Prevailing Theories to Validated Practices (ILD)
- Publishes Strategies for Successful Learning, an online magazine for general and special education teachers
- Publishes Revista Electrónica de Dificultades de Aprendizaje (REDA e-magazine), a peer-reviewed on-line journal in Spanish
- Publishes Revista Portuguesa de Dificuldades de Aprendizagem, a peer-reviewed online journal in Portuguese
- Offers professors and their students accessibility to University Access, an online portal to current research and best practices
- Sponsors International Research Symposium
LDW® promotes prevention, early identification, early intervention, and advocacy for civil rights of individuals with LD.
- Disseminates information through its website (www.ldworldwide.org), publications, CDs, and DVDs for parents, professionals, and health care providers
- Publishes online LD Yellow Pages, a directory of resources and services
LDW® promotes awareness of environmental issues that impact childhood development.
- Publishes and distributes articles on how environmental issues impact children to thousands of pediatricians
- Publishes and distributes a CD on environmental hazards and learning disabilities for healthcare professionals
- Partners with the Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow and Clean Water Action in lobbying Congress
LDW® sponsors conferences, professional trainings and other events around the world.
- Annual World Congress on Learning Disabilities
- Conferences and Events
- International Research Symposium
- Professional Trainings